- This event has passed.
Hackable Workshop: Threat Modeling
October 21 @ 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Security vulnerabilities exist. The question is simply: what to do about it?
This interactive, virtual workshop extracts lessons from the front lines of ethical hacking and security research to teach you how. Applying insights from his forthcoming book Hackable: How to Do Application Security Right, Ted Harrington teaches you ideas, strategies and tactics used by technology juggernauts like Google, Amazon, and Netflix in order to secure systems through the time tested practice of threat modeling.
In this half day workshop, you’ll learn the core ideas behind threat modeling, including:
- What a threat model is, and how to establish one
- How to think about assets, adversaries, and attack surfaces
- How to think about misuse and abuse cases
- How (and why) to implement what you’ve learned from this workshop back at your organization
The content is calibrated to a strategic, tactical, implementable level, and won’t be a code-level technical deep dive. We’ll talk about the core ideas that are relevant to any threat modeling framework, rather than focusing on any single framework. The session format includes:
- Presentation style
- Group exercise
- Open discussion
A $250 Value for Only:
- First 20 Austin ISSA Members: $50
- Additional Austin ISSA Members: $100
- Non-Austin ISSA Members: $125
Eligible for 4 CPE credits.